Welcome to the Hopewell Depot

The Hopewell Depot train station was built in 1873 and served witness to the rise and fall of Hopewell Junction as a major railroad hub of Dutchess County. Three distinct railroads originally served Hopewell with extensive facilities such as freight yards, an engine house and signal tower.

After a fire nearly destroyed the building in 1986, local residents formed the Hopewell Depot Restoration Corp. to preserve and restore the station and its surroundings to its original form. The depot building looks as it once did and we have nearly finished the nearby switching tower.

You are invited to travel back to the heyday of railroading by exploring our gallery and by joining us at the Hopewell Depot.

musicshow


NEW: On Saturday, June 11, about 70 visitors to Hopewell Depot spread out blankets and lawn chairs and listened to Beercaps and Quarters play some bluegrass, folk and Americana music. The event raised some $700 for the Depot and its historical preservation/educational mission. Thanks to Bernie Rudberg for the above photo.


NEW: Read about the grand opening of our new Switching Tower. Find out more.








 
Hopewell Depot on FacebookHopewell Depot on TwitterYoutube Icon
© 2016 Hopewell Depot Restoration Corp. All Rights Reserved.
Mailing Address l P.O. Box 1044 Hopewell Junction, NY 12533
Physical Address | 36 Railroad Avenue Hopewell Junction, NY 12533
info@hopewelldepot.org
Hopewell Depot Restoration Corp is a NYS registered 501(c)(3)